Student Direct Stream (SDS) for Bangladesh
What is Student Direct Stream (SDS)?
SDS (Student Direct Stream) is an expedite visa processing system for Canada Study Permit visa which was initially launched in 2018 by the IRCC and was introduced for certain nationalities including India, China and Pakistan and 11 other countries. Currently, national from fourteen countries are eligible to apply under SDS. IRCC processes most SDS applications within 20 calendar days if the eligibility requirements are met.
Is SDS available for Bangladesh?
Not yet. Bangladesh is expecting to get SDS by Fall 2022. As per IRCC, the Bangladesh High Commission of Ottowa, Canada, few other sources, Bangladesh is in the process of SDS and is in deeply considered for SDS.
The Bangladesh high commission in Canada published they are in negotiations with the Canadian authority to include Bangladesh in the SDS program. The high commissioner works closely with the Global Affairs Canada and Canadian Immigration Authorities. The high commissioner also mentioned they are pursuing to relocate the Canadian Visa Application center to Dhaka from Singapore. Bangladesh high commission prioritized both issues as their top agenda.
What are the eligibilities for SDS Visa?
In order to be eligible for SDS, the person must be a resident of one of the countries listed in IRCC. As well, the person must have the following required documents:
- Letter of Acceptance from a Designated Learning Institution (DLI) in Canada
- Upfront medical exam confirmation document
- Guaranteed Investment Certificate (GIC) of $10,000 CAD
- Proof that tuition fees for the first year of study in Canada have been paid
- IELTS score of 6.0 or higher in each language skill: Listening, Reading, Writing and Speaking
- Recent educational Certificate and Transcript