How to apply for Canada Study Permit Visa from Bangladesh
The Canadian Government provides an opportunity to Bangladeshi students to study in Canada and to do so a student must have to obtain a Study Permit and a Temporary Resident Visa (TRV).
What is TRV and Study Permit?
Study Permit is not a visa, it’s a permit or a document issued by the Citizen and Immigration (CIC) which allows students to Study in Canada. For study permit to remain valid, student must remain enrolled and make reasonable and timely progress towards completing course.
Study permit is always accompanied along by a visitor visa (TRV). Please note that a study permit is a document that allows a student to study in Canada while a visitor visa allows a student to enter Canada.
Documents required your study permit
To apply for study permit, the following key documents are required:
- An LoA (a Letter of Acceptance) from Canadian educational institution,
- A valid passport or travel document,
- Proof that you can support yourself or any family members who might accompany you, while you’re in Canada
- A Police Clearance Certificate
- Upfront Medical Exam
- Study Plan
- All Educational Certificates and Transcripts
- English Provenience Test Certificate
- Resume, Job Letter (if employed) or
- Other supporting documents
Applying for your visa online
Students are required to apply for student visa application online using the CIC official website. Students should apply three to five months before the intended date of travel to Canada. Remember, visa application submission date is the date when application fee is paid.
Study Permit Application Fee
As an applicant from outside Canada, students will have to pay CAD $235 (including Biometric Fee).